IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities)
IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities) considers plagiarism as the re-use of someone else’s research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source. It is important for all IJELLH authors to recognise that plagiarism in any form, at any level, is not accepted and we will consider it as a breach of educational ethics.
What is plagiarism?
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (4th Ed.) defines plagiarism as “A piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work.”
- The American Heritage Dictionary (2nd College Ed.) defines plagiarize as “to take and use as one’s own the writings or ideas of another.”
- IJELLH considers plagiarism as the re-use of someone else’s research work or ideas or words without acknowledging the original author and source.
What Constitutes Plagiarism?
- Handing in someone else’s work as your own
- Putting your name on another person’s research work
- Copying words and ideas from somewhere else without giving citation
- Failing to put a quote in quotation marks
- Giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- Changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving citation
- IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities) will not accept any research paper which will contain plagiarism, and reject and return of papers in review.
- Anti-plagiarism declaration
By submitting paper for publication in IJELLH (International Journal English Language, Literature in Humanities
Authors (all authors of the article) will certify that;
- They are fully aware that plagiarism is illegal & wrong and authors know that plagiarism is the use of another person’s idea or published work and pretend that it is one’s own.
- They declare that each contribution to their article or project has been acknowledged and source of information from other peoples’ published or unpublished works have been cited referenced.
- They certifies that they are solely responsible for text of the article and research work included in the article along with any incomplete reference.
Plagiarism before publication
The IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities) will evaluates plagiarism on its own merits. If plagiarism is found even after publication we will delete manuscript from issue.
International Journal of English Language Literature in Humanities (“IJELLH”) a division of Smart Moves
1. The Author(s) grant to IJELLH for the full term of copyright and any extensions thereto, subject to clause 2 below, the exclusive right and irrevocable license
2. To translate the Contribution into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Contribution or other derivative works based on the Contribution and exercise all of the rights set forth in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works
3. To edit, adapt, publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Contribution in all forms, formats and media whether now known or hereafter developed (including without limitation in print, digital and electronic form) throughout the world.
4. To re-license article metadata without restriction (including but not limited to author name, title, abstract, citation, references, keywords and any additional information, as determined by IJELLH).
5. Ownership of, copyright remains with the Author(s), and provided that, when reproducing the Contribution or extracts from it or the Supplementary Information (defined below), the Author(s) acknowledge first and reference publication in the Journal, the Author(s) retain only the following non- exclusive rights (a) To reproduce the Contribution in whole or in part, in any printed volume (Book or thesis) of which they are the Author(s);
(b) They and any academic institution where they work may reproduce the Contribution for the purpose of course teaching;
6. To post a copy of the Contribution as accepted for publication after peer review (in a locked word processing file, or a PDF version there of) on the Author(s)’ own web sites, or institutional repositories, or the Author(s)’ funding body(s)’ archive, six months after publication of the printed or online edition of the Journal, provided that they also link to the Contribution on IJELLH’s web site; and
7. The Author(s) grant to IJELLH for the full term of copyright and any extensions thereto the same rights that have been granted in respect of the Contribution as set out in clause 1 above, in and to all supplementary material in any form (including without limitation, images, videos, tables and/ or graphs) submitted by the Author(s) to IJELLH with or in connection with the Contribution (“Supplementary Information”) but on a non-exclusive basis.
8. The signatory (the Author or the employer) who has signed this Agreement below has full right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and grant the rights herein on behalf of all of the Authors.
9. Nothing in the Contribution or the Supplementary Information is obscene, defamatory, libelous, violates any right of privacy or publicity, infringes any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, patent, database or trademark rights) or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful; and
10. Nothing in the Contribution or the Supplementary Information infringes any duty of confidentiality which any of the Author(s) may owe to anyone else or violates any contract, express or implied, of any of the Author(s), and all of the institutions in which work recorded in the Contribution or the Supplementary Information was created or carried out, have authorized such publication.
11. The Author(s) authorize IJELLH to take such steps as it considers necessary, at its own expense in the Author(s) name and on their behalf if IJELLH believes that a third party is infringing or is likely to infringe copyright in the Contribution and/or Supplementary Information including but not limited to initiating legal proceedings.
12. The Author(s) shall cooperate fully with IJELLH in relation to any legal action that might arise from the publication of the Contribution and/or Supplementary Information and the Author(s) shall give IJELLH access at reasonable times to any relevant accounts, documents and records within the power or control of the Author(s).
13. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Govt of India. The parties irrevocably agree that Bhopal (M.P.) India courts of shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.