This Is A Custom Widget

This Sliding Bar can be switched on or off in theme options, and can take any widget you throw at it or even fill it with your custom HTML Code. Its perfect for grabbing the attention of your viewers. Choose between 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns, set the background color, widget divider color, activate transparency, a top border or fully disable it on desktop and mobile.

This Is A Custom Widget

This Sliding Bar can be switched on or off in theme options, and can take any widget you throw at it or even fill it with your custom HTML Code. Its perfect for grabbing the attention of your viewers. Choose between 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns, set the background color, widget divider color, activate transparency, a top border or fully disable it on desktop and mobile.

The Process of Nonverbal communication in the Interview.

*Seva Gopi

Assistant Professor of English, Aditya Engineering College,

Department of Humanities and Basic Sciences,

Surampalem-Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh

Phone No: 9493195558, sevagopi@gmail.com

 

**BRSSV.Rao

Assistant Professor of English, Aditya Engineering College

Department of Humanities and Basic Sciences

Surampalem-Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh

ramana9247@gmail.com, Phone No: 9502808814

 

The Process of Nonverbal communication in the Interview.

 

 

 

Abstract:

 

This paper throws a light on the role of Non-verbal Communication in selection process. Communication is a process, constituted by two main elements, Verbal and Non verbal. Verbal Communication includes a written or spoken message that we use words of any language but non verbal communication includes body language, proxemics, haptics and paralinguistic. Non verbal communication adds the efficiency of verbal communication. The role of non verbal communication plays a vital role in recruitment process. According to Dr.Albert Mehrabian, spoken words only account for 7% of what a listener perceives. The remaining 93% of what a listener understands from the speaker’s body language. The tone of employee in the delivery of words contributes 38%. The committee identified several non verbal ways of communication through which one conveys one’s likes and dislikes, power and leadership and comfort and discomfort etc. Although the candidate has not yet opened his mouth, a lot has probably been said by the signals of his body. If a candidate has not made any eye contact with interviewers, it sends the message loud and clear that he is scared. Even the posters speak for the candidate. Sitting up straight without a slouch and without taking support of the table displays confidence of the candidate. There are various clues such as facial expressions, eye contact, gestures, postures, appearance and hepatics or touch etc which play a vital role during selection process.

 

Keywords: Communications- its elements, kinds of body language- facial expression, gestures, postures eye contact, haptics, proxemics, paralanguage, artifactual communication, silence.

 

 

journal of english

Share
2017-10-06T07:44:20+00:00
Share